January 31, 2012

Blogger URL Changed From .Com To .In For This Blog!

Posted by Unknown at 8:36 AM

Blogspot URL ChangedIt’s Look like Google regionalized the URL of BlogSpot Blogs and The Recent Event of change in URL caused this Blog lost of Twitter ,Facebook and Google+ share numbers .The change also affected vanishing of my Followers but I have got a work around to store it as previously.

All .com URl’s now directing users to a .In BlogSpot blogs if the owner of blog updates from India , I am not sure when this change happened but it’s affected lot’s of BlogSpot blogs.

If You have seen your Blog URL recently then you must have noticed this change

Before

blogspot change in URL

After

blogspot.in

What Was The Affects ?

When I first checked My Blog I have seen all the social Media Icon showing The 0 in share count and My Followers vanished and I have seen a Message instead of My Followers List

We're sorry...

This gadget is configured incorrectly. Webmaster hint: Please ensure that "Connect Settings - Home URL" matches the URL of this site.

Followers Vanished

The Solutions

For the Social Media Icon’s Showing 0 Share Counts , I have clicked each of Buttons to share on my profiles and After one refresh it was back to normal but Twitter Tweets count still showing 1.

For Followers

Restoring Follower count in bit of tricky because you have to change the setting for Google Friend Connect , Visit Setting Page For Google Friend Connect and Look for The setting Option at Left side bar .

Google Friend Connect

Change your Home Page URL For E.g YourBlogURL.Blgogspot.com To YourBlogURL.Blogspot.In ,and click on Save Settings Option.

After that Visit Your Blog and Your Followers Will be Restored.

The Idea Behind regionalizing the Blogger URL by Google is still to be announce and I am waiting for any confirmation and news from the sources.

If you are the victim of this change please let me know your Work Around and if this is old news for you then share your resources from where you have got this News..

What’s Your Take ?

After this change I have seen increase in my traffic and I am sure it is going to last longer so if you have affected from this change then it’s for your Good sake.

If you found this article Helpful please share and use the comment box to let us know your Views.



If you enjoyed this post and wish to be informed whenever a new post is published, then make sure you subscribe to my regular Email Updates. Subscribe Now!


Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

 

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Be A part of this blog

© 2011. All Rights Reserved | Tips and Tricks | Reviews | Make Money Online | Template by Blogger

Home | About | Top